First things first: You can only manually order products that have been designed and published in the Kite app for Shopify.
A standalone app (no Shopify subscription required) for one-off/sample orders is due for release towards the end of 2018.
The method described below allows you to create manual orders in Shopify, without having to ‘buy’ your own products at retail price or mess around with discounting. (This can be especially useful if you’re selling products via Etsy, eBay, and other currently-unsupported sites.)
To place a manual order:
- Come out of the Kite app and go to the Orders tab in your Shopify admin
- Click the Create Order button (top right)
- Add products as needed, using ‘Search products’ or ‘Browse products’ in the ‘Order details’ section.
- Add customer details and delivery address in the ‘Find or create a customer’ section. If you don’t want the customer to receive email notifications, do not include their email address.
- When you’re ready to submit the order to Kite, click ‘Mark as Paid’.
- Kite will process the order as normal, and the manufacturing and shipping costs will be added to your next billing statement.
Please note: it is important that you only mark the order as paid after you have finalised all of the details. Any subsequent updates or edits will not be ‘seen’ by our order system. If the address field is empty at the time of submission, this can result in delays or even cause the order to fail completely.